PinWiki.com is now accepting Donations to help cover our costs.
PinWiki Contributors ReadMe
Welcome prospective PinWiki contributor!
In order to contribute, you must first establish an account by following the steps here.
In addition to the guidelines noted in the "forums", here are a few "Quick Start" guidelines to consider when providing content.
- There is a Pinball Beginners Start Here section on the left side of the main page. It contains the most basic pinball machine information.
- There is also a "General for all Games" section on the left side of the main page. Common aspects of all games (like the switch matrix and the lamp matrix) are housed in this section. Please make every effort to leverage these general resources when authoring. Ideally, the general sections provide building blocks for your articles. You can then provide details specific to the game system you are documenting.
- Step-by-step "disciplined" processes seem to be very helpful. As in...Step 1, do this...Step 2, do this...
- Breaking problems down into pieces is also a good method. As in, first determine if the problem is on-board or off-board...
- Please make every effort to NOT duplicate information that can already be found at trusted sources like IPDB.
Be sure you understand and follow the PinWiki Copyright guidelines. Gottlieb® copywrited material must go through an approval process with the copyrights holder, prior to being uploaded to the PinWiki. Please review the Gottlieb Media page for terms, conditions, and instructions regarding the approval process.
As you get started editing, you'll find it helpful to set the time zone in Special:Preferences and possibly a few other settings. It's also helpful if you click on your username at the top of the web page to go to your User page where you can enter a small bit of information about yourself.
Thank you for making PinWiki an incredible resource!
It has grown immensely since its inception thanks to the inputs of quite a few folks!